Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Animator Jeff?

To my 9 followers...I'm very excited to announce that I am going to be going back to school for animation! I've been working now for three years designing toys as most of you know but it's been...difficult for me to say the least. I should have known something was wrong when even back in school I didn't find industrial design sketching or fancy product renderings something to strive towards, I always found myself following amazing illustrators and animators instead.

That being said I have applied to SCAD Atlanta and got the opportunity to talk to the animation professor in charge of the graduate program. She was excited with the work I showed her and saw some potential and encouraged me to enter as a grad instead of for another BFA which made me real happy :) I'm going to be super busy for the next month because I have to enter my portfolio for scholarship review and I have a lot of catching up to do before I start school in six months.

Learn Maya,flash, improve my life drawing, actually complete some concepts I've had in my head, storyboarding, read a book on animation principals, and the list goes on and on...

Stay tuned, I need some help. I have joined a life drawing group here in ATL and I will be posting my drawings. Hahah I haven't done this since soph year at SCAD I am so rusty!!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

That is awesome!! I know you will be successful, good luck! :)

J.Wang said...

follow your dream...always follow your dream. I support you all the way! Oh btw, Happy Chinese New Year!

efmuok said...

Thank you both! I'm excited to start a new chapter.